Writing Challenge

Prompt - What if you were invisible.
The first thought this prompt brought to mind is an old joke,
If I were suddenly invisible I would fly to Paris and beat the crap out of a street mime, it’s not very nice but imagine the applause he would get.
Had to do it.
Nearly 6 years ago something quite remarkable happened to me, I became invisible.  A lot of people may think and rightfully so that I’ve become a ghost.  I’m not so sure I am one.  See I can’t help thinking something else happened to me.
First of all I  believe dying would have left some sort of impression on me or at least a confused or questionable moment in memory and there is nothing odd I can think of in the days leading up to my disappearance. 
I have nothing unresolved in my life no great missed loves, no unfinished business in fact my life up to that point had been excruciatingly dull; nothing to hold me back as a ghost. 
I spent the first year being invisible almost convinced I had in fact  become a ghost but  somehow had  missed that crucial moment in memory to confirm I was indeed dead.  After having following first the police and then a private investigator my family hired to find me and seeing their results (diddly-squat) I’m convinced it was something else.
What I am or what happened to me I haven’t the foggiest idea but whatever it is seems to be quite permanent and I’m just trying to learn to make the best of the situation.  
I’ve also found some ways to interact with the visible people of this world. I couldn’t do that at all in the beginning.  I’ve learnt people can hear me if I concentrate hard enough particularly when they’re asleep, the messages don’t always make it from sleep to awake with the clarity I would like but none the less it is something.
Animals also see and hear me apparently no different than any other person and actually make great go betweens when it comes to leading people to places and things I need them to see.
I can move small objects and the more I practice the better at it I become, I’m slowly finding myself able to move larger and larger items with less and less effort.  I’ve learnt not to do it in front of people though as it has the tendency to freak them out. 
I stayed near home for almost the first two years trying to find out what had happened to me and of course worrying about my family.  My disappearance was very hard for my Mom in particular and I spent a lot of time trying to figure out a way to reassure her.
When I did leave they seemed to at least be accepting I was gone.  I don’t think I could have walked away from them if I hadn’t seen they would be OK. I still visit them from time to time when opportunity arises but these days I’m simply a traveler helping out where ever I can in whatever way I can.
 Every time I come across a mystery I stick around for awhile and try to figure it out. I’ve become quite good at it and I always make sure what I learn gets to the right people so that those involved know what has happened to their loved ones. I’ve managed to help a lot of people over the years although for some I’ve been too late.
It’s a lonely existence but at least I’ve found a way to contribute to the visible people all around me. I admit I look for these mysteries in the hope that one day I’ll find someone else who just suddenly became invisible. So far I haven’t had any luck but that doesn’t mean I never will.
So until something new happens to me or I find another invisible person I’ll keep searching and helping out where ever I can.