Reading Woes

I’m reading a book I don’t particularly like.  Seems an odd thing to say let alone do but I find myself doing this more often than I would like to admit.  I get given books by my mother, by other family and friends and the stack of books to read can occasionally get out of hand and hard to choose from.
They seem to come in waves, I will receive no books for what seems like ages then suddenly everyone all at once has a book to lend or give and I end up with a huge stack.  All but the ones which need to be returned when I’m done get put in the basement storage room for me to slowly make my way through.
I stack them up based on a quick perusal of the blurb on each book and my first impression. They get stacked with those I’m most likely to enjoy on top down to the ones I’m not really interested in but will probably read anyways on the bottom. 
I feel like I have to give them all a chance.  I have been pleasantly surprised before and found a few good ones even a favorite or two at the bottom of a stack. Admittedly most of the time I am right and my first impression was accurate but just in case I’ll still read them all.
These basement dwelling books are usually books of last resort anyways and are for when I’m looking for something to read but haven’t got anything new, haven’t been to the library, and my e-reader has a dead battery.  This particular set of circumstances doesn’t happen all too often so basement books can linger sometimes for ages without a second glance.
My latest choice from the pile, (and let me tell you I’m really scraping the bottom of the proverbial barrel at this point), was accurately judged at first glance. It just isn’t grabbing my attention, well except for the multiple spelling errors which a previous reader has circled in bright red ink. 
I hate when people do that, the spelling errors are glaringly obvious to begin with and highlighting them accomplishes nothing except ticking off the books next reader.    
In fact I may just toss this book without finishing it. It takes a lot for me to just stop reading a book once I’ve started but this one is quickly reaching the level of dislike to qualify for early tossing.  I usually end up giving the story one more chapter or one more page to see if maybe, hopefully it gets a little bit better and before I know it have finished the whole book.  
Ah well better luck next time.