Adult-Proof

As I’ve mentioned previously I have had a cold that seems to want to stick around. It is more or less gone now but I seem to have been left with a bit of a sinus infection.  So I bought some sinus medication to try and relieve the pressure. I couldn’t get it open. 
To start with the box itself was wrapped in plastic. The type with no discernible edge to it but comes off easily enough once you manage to cut it and get it started.  No problem right? Well no but then I took out the bottle and that is where the problems started.  
It had that shrink wrapped safety seal that you find wrapped around the tops of various medication and foods. For some reason even our butter now comes safety sealed. Anyways if this had a “tear here” spot I couldn’t find it and after jabbing myself with scissors and trying to tear it off with my teeth I finally got under an edge with a knife and it started to peel off.  About half-way it ripped and I couldn’t find an edge to tear the rest off.  The rest of which was still keeping the lid firmly locked in place. At this point I’d been trying to open it for 5 minutes and was beginning to get a wee bit ticked off.  I finally got the rest off and could turn the lid which sure enough was child-proof.  
Couldn’t open the lid, it’s the type where you push down while turning and it will supposedly open. All I got were the little clicks that seem to mock you with each turn.  I decided to give up and try again later once I wasn’t a breath away from finding a hammer and smashing the bottle to teeny tiny little bits. I was too angry at this point to bother. Except then my 6 year old picks it up and says “I’ll open it for you mommy” and sure enough she did.  See that’s just not right she’s the one this “feature” is supposed to prevent from opening the container not me.
Finally I can take the overpriced medication that promises instant relief!  Nope, another safety seal.  This one the type you find sealing virtually every imaginable product available these days.  You know the ones that are sealed onto the mouth of bottles of ketchup, spices, salad dressing and every other condiment under the sun. The ones that are supposed to have that little tab so you can easily pull it off. Hah yeah right, back to the knife.
Thankfully the kids had left the room as by this point as my mutterings had turned into a full blown blue streak of cursing.  I’m not the type of person to curse much but if I get ticked off enough I can get quite creative.  Finally I got the last seal off and I even managed to do it without drawing blood.
Ahhhh finally relief.
Well relief that the bottle was actually open the medication didn’t do a damn thing. After all that it didn’t help at all in fact it just made my nose run which was actually worse.  Guess I’ll just have to stick to Tylenol and wait it out.  I’ll get my 6 year old to open the bottle for me.