Ouch

Typing is turning out to be a bit of a challenge today; I burnt my index finger yesterday with a hot glue gun.  Whoops.  Those who know me would not be surprised I burnt myself in the least, in fact they would be surprised that it’s not a worse injury.  I have had more injuries than the average person would over the course of several lifetimes.  I don’t think I have ever met someone who has unintentionally done more damage to themselves then I have. I’ve never been so badly injured that I’ve been incapacitated, completely awkward yes, but I always figure out how to get around.  I think it’s genetic my mother is almost as klutzy as I am as are my girls and I set the bar pretty high.
I don’t get hurt quite as often as I did when I was younger but I’m now beginning to realize long term effects to some of my injuries and curse my younger self for not slowing down and thinking.  Someday I’ll need a knee replacement, I’ll never breathe correctly and I’m sure my tailbone as well as several other breaks that are starting to ache will continue to get worse the older I get.  I’ve learnt my lesson to be more careful the hard way but I still find I end up with a trip to emergency at least once a year.  I can always find the humor in my own idiocy but I really hope I don’t get any new stories to tell.
One of my worst stories is why I now have a perpetually clogged nose. Want to know how? I fell out of bed, that’s right I fell out of bed and broke my nose. Now most people look at me as if I’m a complete idiot for that one, I swear I’m really not.  One morning rather than getting up to turn off the alarm clock I crawled to the end of my bed and reached across the gap between bed and dresser to smack the snooze button, I missed. As it turns out parts of me were still asleep so while one arm collapsed under me the other stuck on the dresser and I landed on my nose.  That apartment was carpeted but it was cement underneath and it was not forgiving in the least.
Sadly that story is not my most embarrassing one, that one I’ll keep to myself.  I’ve got many more everything from falling off a bucket (concussion), hitting myself with a hammer (broken wrist), kicking a wall (broken toes), falling off a railing (broken tailbone), hitting myself in the head with a car door (another concussion), cutting towards myself (stitches, obviously), falling down stairs (broken foot), I could go on but I think you get the point.
My burnt finger and I are going to go try and get through the rest of today safely.  I have to stop typing before I pop the blister on my finger I keep forgetting to type without it.