Partylite, Tupperware Etc.

 I’m going to a partylite party tonight.  I’ve finally realized something about all these types of parties.  When I was a kid I always wondered why my Mother bothered to go to these things she never really bought much of anything. She always complained about how expensive they were and how she could get basically the same thing for much cheaper somewhere else.  So why then did she go?  Why would she want to waste her evening that way?
Suddenly as a wife and mother I get it.  No one is really interested in the products, even the one throwing the party, everyone just wants to get away from their children/husband for a few hours.   These parties are just an excuse to get together, chat and to sit on our buts for more than a minute at a time.  Without some sort of reason to go we feel guilty abandoning the kids and husband to their own devices. 
I don’t think husbands and children really understand how a lot of women simply don’t sit down and relax.  I know I rarely stay sitting for more than a few moments.  There is always something that needs to be done or someone who wants something.  Before I know it the whole day has slipped away and I never really sat down.  If it wasn’t for PVRs I don’t think I would have seen a whole TV show in years. I used to be able to read a novel in one sitting now I’m lucky if I finish before it is due back to the library. It just seems there is always something I could or should be doing. 
It’s like when I say I’m heading to bed, I should just be able to go to bed but nope it takes me forever to actually get there.  I feed the fish, walk the dog put away all the mitts and toques on the radiators, put the odd dish here and there away, pick up some toys, check on the kids, pick up some more odds and ends, make sure I have everything for the next day lunches, check homework is done and on and on.  By the time I actually go to bed I can’t rightly say what I was doing the whole time but it’s an hour later than when I said time for bed.    
 I’m not really blaming anyone, it’s not that others in the house don’t care they just don’t see it. Bless my husband who does help out around the house as do my children but they don’t see the little stuff or realize how much time that little stuff takes.  Their version of clean and mine are simply two different creatures.  They look around the house and see about the same amount of things I would if I were to go around without my glasses or contacts on.  And I have REALLY bad eyesight.  I’m constantly thinking about what needs to be done and feel I can’t really relax until it’s all done and it’s never all done.  Tonight though I’m going to go buy some very important and needed candles and sit down for awhile.