Yuck!

I have recently begun to notice a very odd thing while walking the dog in the forest. Someone is picking up their dog business and instead of bringing the bag with them and throwing it out like normal people they are hanging the bags from trees. Who in their right mind thinks this is a good idea or any better than not scooping at all.  If anything I’d say it is worse, now rather than just #2 left on the ground it’s swinging from a tree in a plastic bag.  Ewww
Alas I do believe I have discovered the culprit. I saw him with his dog this morning leaving the trail just as I was leaving the house and lo and behold a new bag had appeared.  I suspect it was him as the bag was still swinging on the branch and the bags only appear about once a week which is also about how often he walks the dog.  I’m thinking about attaching a note next to the swinging bag of dog dodo.  I’m not sure it would do any good or what I would write but these bags are starting to add up and it’s nasty. There is nothing like spending a nice morning walk gagging every few feet.
The prime suspect is a certain neighbor that I would expect this type of thing from.  They only got their dog last spring as a pup and they don’t seem to take much interest in her.  Rather than supervising her or using a rope to keep her on their property they allow her to run around the neighboring yards using them as a bathroom and play space.  Eventually when they think she should come home they activate a shock collar as their way of calling her.  It is clearly painful, she cowers and yelps and becomes suspicious of anyone around her, as if they are the ones hurting her. She has even snapped at me when it has gone off while trying to drag her out of our yard and it won’t surprise me if she ends up biting someone because of the collar. I think it’s inhumane and it certainly doesn’t seem effective.
I can’t help but feel sorry for this dog it isn’t her fault she hasn’t been trained.  Any faults with a dog or its leavings for that matter is the fault of the owners.  I suspect I’m going to end up picking up all these bags myself and throwing them out but I’m going to try the note thing first.  I doubt it will work if it is who I suspect as they have proven many times over to be rather inconsiderate people with a stick up their you know what.  I’ll try though because for some reason the thought of picking up someone else’s dog bag really grosses me out.