Zzzzzzz

That first half hour every morning I swear I’m sleep walking.  I’ve never been a morning person I’m not one of those people who wakes up and is awake. I’m still half asleep for the first ½ hour or so until I’ve had that first cup of coffee. You may want to wait until I’ve started the second to even chance speaking to me. 
I know I can be a little moody and cranky when I first get up, in fact I’d say I’m a total bitch.  I really don’t mean to be cranky I can’t help it. Until I’ve started moving around asking me a question frustrates me and makes me snap because I honestly can’t think. My brains still stuck in sleep mode.  I am literally blurry eyed and some mornings when my glasses have strayed during the night it is even worse. All of my concentration is on staying upright and not allowing my eyes to slam back shut.  If I could I would happily go back to sleep in an instant.  If I even thought about lying back down when I’m still in sleep mode I would be out before my head hit the pillow.
My husband and my little one are the type of people who when they open their eyes are wide awake instantly. There is no weird zoned space for them between sleep and awake.  Going to sleep they are both like that as well, awake one second asleep the next. My husband has literally fallen asleep mid-sentence, he’ll take a normal pause in conversation and rather than continue he is suddenly asleep.  He’ll start with a “well I think….” Or a “hey I was wondering…..” and that’s it he’s out and snoring.   I’m always left wondering what the rest of the sentence was going to be.
I take forever to fall asleep. Even when I’m sleeping well it takes me some time to get comfortable and fall asleep.  I’ve always wondered how the bed can be so bloody uncomfortable when I’m supposed to be going to sleep but feel like a cloud when I’m supposed to be getting up.
I’m on the subject of sleep today as I’ve been fighting a bout of insomnia the past few days and my morning sleepiness seems to be following me throughout the day regardless of how much coffee I drink. I’ve learnt there is nothing I can do about these bouts I just have to let them run its course. I‘ll eventually have a breaking point where I sleep well one night due to sheer exhaustion then it will be over and done with.  In the meantime I’m just going to rest my eyes for a few seconds….


P.S.  Was going to post a clip of "When Irish Eyes are smiliing" I recorded but haven't quite figured out how to upload an audio file.  Happy St. Patricks day anyways.